Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letting them spread!

EOGXyIk.jpg

lGmk5tO.jpg

Just wait till they waterfall , I love water falling zoa's

Thanks guys! What kind of light are you getting Autumnsky? Looking good Darylb!

Thanks guys! What kind of light are you getting Autumnsky? Looking good Darylb!

Still up for debate...but LED set up from ebay most likely, either 120W or 165W option, I think was listed. I will post about it in my thread for the present tank, just been out of time lately!

What light set up are you using or did I miss that while drooling over your tank pics? lol

Still up for debate...but LED set up from ebay most likely, either 120W or 165W option, I think was listed. I will post about it in my thread for the present tank, just been out of time lately!

What light set up are you using or did I miss that while drooling over your tank pics? lol

Rockin the Chinese 120w panel. Bridgelux LEDS I believe. It was one of the more affordable ones on eBay at time of purchase and it has not let me down so far.

Rockin the Chinese 120w panel. Bridgelux LEDS I believe. It was one of the more affordable ones on eBay at time of purchase and it has not let me down so far.

Great to hear, was talking to a fellow hobbyist and he said there are mixed reviews with LEDs (he and friends use metal halides and t-5 mostly) I am wondering if it also has to do with the supplier and , as you have Bridgelux - a brand name LED... then also I checked to make sure if one goes out they all don't go out, bad flashbacks to nightmare artificial christmas tree lighting, lol.

If you happen to have a link for the co. you purchased from could you PM me. I plan on buying in a couple weeks so I can p/u my new corals and rock the tank!!! The one I have been watching (for 6 months, lol) is running about 97-98 shipped with 2 cords and a hanger kit.

I would say no problems from the looks of your corals. (y)

Great to hear, was talking to a fellow hobbyist and he said there are mixed reviews with LEDs (he and friends use metal halides and t-5 mostly) I am wondering if it also has to do with the supplier and , as you have Bridgelux - a brand name LED... then also I checked to make sure if one goes out they all don't go out, bad flashbacks to nightmare artificial christmas tree lighting, lol.

If you happen to have a link for the co. you purchased from could you PM me. I plan on buying in a couple weeks so I can p/u my new corals and rock the tank!!! The one I have been watching (for 6 months, lol) is running about 97-98 shipped with 2 cords and a hanger kit.

I would say no problems from the looks of your corals. (y)
I really don't remember the company I got it from. I did try to look it up with no luck. Im not sure if that manufacture is in business anymore. It is a Xen-Lux 120 watt with Bridgelux Leds. I did find one with bridgelux leds on eBay that white and blue are both dimeable and two separate power units which mine does not have (I wish it did!). Mine was advertised as if one light goes out the rest will be fine. I would look around. This particular light had a tad more white than I prefer. It's running at $130.14. EBay has plenty of them though. I want to say I paid around $140 for mine.

Dimmable LED Aquarium Light 120W with Lens 55X3WATT Bridgelux Coral Reef Fixture | eBay

Check this out, saw this hermit with zoas growing on its shell. I bought it and got two free zoas. Not sure what kind they are though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425755501.185774.jpg

Shep

some of my zoas (purple people eaters, blue deathes, green button polyps, and way more)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom