Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like them I don't know their real name all I get is yellow polyp but I know it's some kind of zoanthid

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but I'm sure they have a different name

Hi there. This thread has been cleaned up some. So this is a friendly reminder to keep things on topic and that any/all discussion about selling needs to be handled in the appropriate section/via pm. Thank you.

all I get is yellow polyp
you may think it's strange most polyps have names and yours don't , but yours does have a name (Yellow polyps) their name was just that simple

Well I stayed up most of the night I wanted to see the blood moon ,
I got board and got on the computer and found a $10.sale on zoa's ,
never leave a old man with a credit card alone on a computer alone because this is what happens,

Pink and Green Alveopora Coral (Alveopora sp.)
goni_green_pink_small

PeaPie Palythoa Coral 10+ Polyps

pea_pie.jpg

Arctic Ice Palythoa Coral - 10+ Polyps
iceygreenpaly.jpg

Bright Green Palys 10+ Polyps
bright_green_palys_2.png

Cats Eyes Palythoa Coral - 10+ Polyps
catseyepalys

Copper Penny Paly Coral (Palythoa sp.) 10+ Polyps
copper_penny_paly.jpg

Irish Girl Zoanthids - 10+ Polyps
irish_lady.png

Barneys Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
barneys_2.jpg

Apple of My Eye Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) - 10+ Polyps
apple_of_my_eye.png

Radio Active Dragon Eye Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) - 10+ Polyps
radioactive_dragon.png

Alien Eye Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
alien_eye

Mello Yellow Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
yellowdaiseys

Eye of Rah Zoanthids (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
eye_of_rah_2.jpg

Cherry Bombs Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
cherry_bombs_zoos.png

Green Monsters Zoanthids (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
greeneyedmonster

Passion Fruit Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
passion_fruit

continued below

Spider Man Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
spider_man_zoos.png

Sunny Girl Zoanthids Coral 10+ Polyps
sunnygirl.jpg

Red Crater Coral
crater_coral___red.png

Red Head Kid Zoanthids Coral (Zoanthus sp.) 10+ Polyps
redheadkid_4.jpg

should be here either tues or weds can't wait
I blame it all on the blood moon
does this mean I got the fever :D

think it should put a nice dent on the 90g , my friend is coming over later to show me how to make frag plugs look aged I'm going to do like a 100 but most likely wont use all of them , he said this stuff he got makes plugs look like old rocks , he uses this stuff in his tank all the time he got me curious on what it is,

Nice order Seaweed! There are some nice ones in there! Can't wait to see them when you get them all in! I think its safe to say you have the fever. :)

we just got the first 2 plugs done , what we did was smear gel crazy glue all over every nook and cranny of the plug , than he has a rock dust in a big baggie we dropped the plug in just like shake and bake , covered the whole plug in rock crumbs and dust , than he put it in this neat little tumbler that heats up as it spins , so far the 2 plugs took about 15 min , now that the 2 plugs that are finished I put them in the tank see if you can find them :D ,

I'll give you a hint :
look for them between the clown and the dark blue sea chromis and from the hammer to the bottom of the pict , they blend in well time consuming but well worth it . lets see how long it takes to find them , I almost lost them myself lol
don't mistake the baby toadstool by the hammer as 1 , (wow I just threw another hint)

img_3197943_0_7d6dd82c5b6fbebbc1e87c77ef45e785.jpg

Wow, Seaweed, you have been bitten and bitten bad, you definitely have the fever!

Those are just an instant collection, and a really nice collection! Congrats for sure! I saw a couple there which seem to be stunning, all are very nice. I am thinking I should just put up a monitor screen with all your guys great tanks and save myself lots of $$$, time, maintenance and trouble!!!

Sweet haul!

Is it at the base of the toadstool

good eye Daryl you found the first one
heres the second one

img_3199092_0_c28c105d5d4e48fa23abecd22b6cf861.jpg

I just found out my coral shipment wont go out till Thursday so it will be here Friday they said they'll add 2 extra corals because of the delay , guess it's for the best gives me time to finish getting my plugs covered , have to run over to the fish shop and pick up a few rubble rocks to smash up as I ran out of tiny chunks, got plenty of crumbs just no chunks need more glue too,
looked in tank almost couldn't see the two I placed to see if the covering works boy does it
hey that's neat my blue sea chromis eggs hatched now to catch the fry before they get eaten
put them in QT tank , what should I feed them any idea's since they are tiny , I count about 10 but there could be more hiding with in the rocks , my first saltwater fry hope they survive ,

Very nicely done Seaweed! I usually always try to remove off of plugs unless its completely covered. It can be risky though, you gotta be careful. Especially with those red hornets... ;)

my plan is to let everything grow out and attach and I wont need to remove plugs as they will be hidden for good lol , I just wanted the ugly plugs not to stand out in the mean time

my plan is to let everything grow out and attach and I wont need to remove plugs as they will be hidden for good lol , I just wanted the ugly plugs not to stand out in the mean time

It's a good idea for sure. I can't stand the look of a frag plug in my tank.

So much agree about ugly plugs, didn't know you could do that Seaweed! It is so amazing that they blend in so well, great work! Also congrats on the fry, phytoplankton for food, pods? That is pretty darn exciting news too and will add additional beauty to the Zoas ;)

Wow, it blends right in! I am looking to get some more zoas some nicer stuff. Does anyone know if there is a cheeper place than zoanthids.com that you can find such rare variety without the crazy per polyp prices? I really like the idea of buying everything from 1 or 2 sources instead of having to pay shipping from a bunch of different sellers. I'm looking to make a 10 gal nano reef of all rare zoas.

90 gal reef

caught about 8 there's about 6 more I didn't catch yet unless there's more in the rocks ,
put them in qt tank ,
ya was glad my friend showed me time consuming but worth it , the longest part is in the tumbler , I like how they're almost invisible to the eye , blend in with the rock look even better when the corals are on them

Back
Top Bottom