Zodiac loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a zodiac loach in my 39g community tank, he was given to me by the LFS as a mistake (should have been a zebra loach) he gets on really well with the loaches and seems happy but he guards the whole bottom of the tank as his and will only allow the loaches to swim by the bottom. I regally see him chasing the others away, and for a few months I just monitored as no fish were harmed, though the last few days I've noticed marks on a few of the fish and I have my suspicions he's caused it. When I was doing re search on him when I got him he was classed as a semi aggressive, but can go in a community tank with monitoring, over time he is getting worse. I don't want to re home him really but I don't know whether he poses any risk to the rest of my fish, does anyone have any advice? Should I re home? My zebra loaches are very attached to him they spend all their time together, I never see them apart, so I'm torn what's the right thing to do :/

image-1440829941.jpg

image-1739646568.jpg

Generally fish figure out pretty quick where they shouldn't go. If he is really only going after the ones that venture to the bottom then it Might be ok but if he is actually moving throughout the tank to chase the fish you might wanna rehome the guy:( it's your call IME territorial fish AREN'T truly that dangerous to other fish but idk yours might be.....?

Generally fish figure out pretty quick where they shouldn't go. If he is really only going after the ones that venture to the bottom then it Might be ok but if he is actually moving throughout the tank to chase the fish you might wanna rehome the guy:( it's your call IME territorial fish AREN'T truly that dangerous to other fish but idk yours might be.....?

He does chase them all over, up to about half way up the tank, so say at feeding time, the fish are always being chased away and I'm noticing it more and more as time goes on..so he's now doing it at any time basically. I think I should rehome him - sad but he's gonna have to go I think

LOL guess thats out of the question then. USA here.

Yeah, what a shame, I've been keeping a close eye and no more fish have marks on them, still torn what to do with him

Back
Top Bottom