Zone Alarm Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
This program is great. First, it would not allow my computer to get on the internet and now that I figured that out, there are a few other quirks I need to work out and tech support isn't helping :?

First problem: I can log into my two Yahoo Mail accounts, check mail and what not, but when Trevor logs into his, the screen closes. He cannot get into the inbox, or empty the trash.... Any suggestions?

Second problem: I have no idea how to change the security settings to see the attached pics and animated smilies here on AA. What do the rest of you ZA users do??

What do you have your Internet Zone Security and Trusted Zone Security set at?
I have mine at Med. for both and have no problems.

That fixed the AA problem. Does anyone have a suggestion for the other problem? Not only can't Trevor check his e-mail, but some windows simply close while I'm in the middle of things--not just on Yahoo.

Is Trevor logging into webmail (a .com) or through a client (ie Outlook)? If its the latter you may need to open POP and/or IMAP on the firewall (ports 110 and 143, respectively). You would then also need to open SMTP to send mail (probably port 587, but maybe 25).

WE log on straight to Yahoo and never had Outlook installed.

I have spyware doctor running. If my computer problems are due to spyware, how can I tell, Zac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom