Zoo Visit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
While visting my mom in Minnesota, I visited the Como Zoo and in their Tropical Experience, I got the opportunity to see some amazing tropical fish. They have huge tanks and ponds and it was really great to see big, beautiful fish in nice big tanks. There were uaru cichlids, freshwater stingrays, peacock bass, and my favorites were pacu and HUGE commom plecos. It was just really great to see big species like these guys in big habitats where they could reach their full size potential. :)

Unfortunately no pictures. Belive me, I tried, but the room was sooooo hot and humid that my camera lens just continually fogged up.
It was so great to see full sized plecos though. I was kind of in awe of them.

We see huge plecos when we go to the springs here in Florida. The springs stay a steady 72 degrees F year round.

We see huge plecos when we go to the springs here in Florida. The springs stay a steady 72 degrees F year round.
Thats really cool. Common plecos are just beautiful fish, and I hardly ever see them in properly sized tanks, so seeing some reach full size was so awesome! Same with the pacu.

Back
Top Bottom