Stop email Notifications!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could somebody please tell me how to stop email notifications everytime I reply to a thread....thank you :p

Yep.... Go to 'User CP' up at the top, then on the left, you'll see 'Edit Options'. If you look, the fifth choice is 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'. Just change it from 'instant email notification' to 'no email notification'. Then make sure you save it.

Yep.... Go to 'User CP' up at the top, then on the left, you'll see 'Edit Options'. If you look, the fifth choice is 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'. Just change it from 'instant email notification' to 'no email notification'. Then make sure you save it.

That's just what I came to ask. Are there any other options that disable this? I have already set and saved to "no email notification" as listed above, however I'm still receiving them. I access the site on both my PC and my iPad app if that may have some sort of effect on why it's not stopping the emails. Thanks, love the site, just hate deleting 60 emails whenever I go to check them :)

eco23 said:
That's just what I came to ask. Are there any other options that disable this? I have already set and saved to "no email notification" as listed above, however I'm still receiving them. I access the site on both my PC and my iPad app if that may have some sort of effect on why it's not stopping the emails. Thanks, love the site, just hate deleting 60 emails whenever I go to check them :)

Are you using the app? If yes, there is. When you click "subscribe to thread" it'll ask you if you also want to be notified via email. Just click no. You will still see a notification(number) on the app icon but won't get any email saying somebody replied.

roydooms said:
Are you using the app? If yes, there is. When you click "subscribe to thread" it'll ask you if you also want to be notified via email. Just click no. You will still see a notification(number) on the app icon but won't get any email saying somebody replied.

I've never seen this question asked, nor have I ever clicked "subscribe to thread". Of all the post I've ever put up, I've only clicked on the "post reply" button. I did just realize I had the AA forum open in one of the Safari browser windows on my iPad. I normally only use the app, and I'm sure the window in my iPad browser hasn't been open that long, but I'll check it out. I figure the problem lies somewhere in the fact that I access the site on my PC, my iPad app, as well as occasionally on my iPad browser.

eco23 said:
I've never seen this question asked, nor have I ever clicked "subscribe to thread". Of all the post I've ever put up, I've only clicked on the "post reply" button. I did just realize I had the AA forum open in one of the Safari browser windows on my iPad. I normally only use the app, and I'm sure the window in my iPad browser hasn't been open that long, but I'll check it out. I figure the problem lies somewhere in the fact that I access the site on my PC, my iPad app, as well as occasionally on my iPad browser.

(when using the app) If you are already subscribed to a thread click the top right button and click "unsubscribe" then click the top right button again then click "subscribe". It'll ask you if you want to be notified via email. Do the same thing with all the threads that you don't want to get notified via email.

roydooms said:
(when using the app) If you are already subscribed to a thread click the top right button and click "unsubscribe" then click the top right button again then click "subscribe". It'll ask you if you want to be notified via email. Do the same thing with all the threads that you don't want to get notified via email.

Ugh... I can do it, but it seems like a pain to do that for every thread I contribute to. I assume there is an option to not automatically subscribe to threads? Problem there is I like the fact that my iPad alerts me that a reply has been posted to one of the threads I'm participating in. I'd like to keep it the same on my iPad app, but not go to my email. I might need to invent a new junk email address to link this site to as a workaround for the time being? Any way this can be requested as an update to the app in the future?

eco23 said:
Ugh... I can do it, but it seems like a pain to do that for every thread I contribute to. I assume there is an option to not automatically subscribe to threads? Problem there is I like the fact that my iPad alerts me that a reply has been posted to one of the threads I'm participating in. I'd like to keep it the same on my iPad app, but not go to my email. I might need to invent a new junk email address to link this site to as a workaround for the time being? Any way this can be requested as an update to the app in the future?

Maybe they can add a feature like that. If I were you, starting today I'll do the "unsubscribe""subscribe" to every thread that you will participate in. So you'll just get email notifications from the old threads and not the new ones. I bet the old thread will slow down and you will get less notifications. Or just do it with every thread that you contributed to. You don't have to do it all at the same time.

I appreciate your help. I think I'm just going to go the route of linking this website to some type of secondary email account. I've become a bit too addicted to this site to remember to do the unsubscribe, subscribe idea for every thread. Is there a contact you know of that I can request they fix this with a future app update?

eco23 said:
Ugh... I can do it, but it seems like a pain to do that for every thread I contribute to. I assume there is an option to not automatically subscribe to threads?

I don't think there is an option to not automatically subscribe to a thread you participated in. If you'll do what I told you to do, your app will still alert you and you won't get any email.

eco23 said:
I appreciate your help. I think I'm just going to go the route of linking this website to some type of secondary email account. I've become a bit too addicted to this site to remember to do the unsubscribe, subscribe idea for every thread. Is there a contact you know of that I can request they fix this with a future app update?

No problem.

You can just mark it as spam and all AA emails will go to your spam folder. No need for a secondary account. Best of luck!

eco23 said:

There is a thread "Mobile App feedback". They usually post the request there. I don't know how or if there is any way to add a link using the app. Maybe I should request that too.

roydooms said:
I don't think there is an option to not automatically subscribe to a thread you participated in. If you'll do what I told you to do, your app will still alert you and you won't get any email.

I understand that this is a workaround that will serve what I'm trying to achieve. However, it's not fully functional solution when I have to click unsubscribe and then subscribe to any thread I want to contribute to. Do you know an email or contact info where I can ask the developer to possibly fix that in the future? Are you that person?

Okay thanks. I was typing my last reply out before I saw the info about the feedback info that was posted. Thanks again!

eco23 said:
I understand that this is a workaround that will serve what I'm trying to achieve. However, it's not fully functional solution when I have to click unsubscribe and then subscribe to any thread I want to contribute to. Do you know an email or contact info where I can ask the developer to possibly fix that in the future? Are you that person?

I'm not that person. Try "neilanh" I think he's a moderator here and he talks to whoever is in-charge of the this forum and the App. Look for the "word association" thread. He started the thread. Just click on his profile and private message him.

eco23 said:
Okay thanks. I was typing my last reply out before I saw the info about the feedback info that was posted. Thanks again!

You're welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom