120 Gallon Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksfishguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here you go, I have a 120 gallon (4x2x2) with a wet/dry setup that is a current home to my 5-6 inch female JD and a pair for 3-4 inch firemouths, hopefully on male and one female. I also have a five inch pictus cat roaming the bottom.

Any suggestions on some friends. I like Jags, Texas, GTs, and possible Silver Dollars. I'm up for any ideas and thoughts.

Thanks!

There's always some risk in adding cichlids to any tank where one or more adult cichlids have lived in for a while. They do get very territoreal. That said, all the species you mentioned above could be considered.

That's a nice size setup. I would go with the managuense with that tank size but the only thing is then youd be more limited with tank mates; the firemouths might not do so well with it.

I would def get a gt theyre very smart fish. I have a 5 inch or so female and it's the most intelligent fish I own I would say. Another one that I'm a fan of is the satanoperca jurupari, you should check those out. I'd go with a gold sev too posibly too as one of the tank mates. HTH
Keep us updated
Ben

I took the bigger firemouth out and put him into my neighbors tank, he was harrasssing the heck out of my JD and new Green Terror. I know what you mean about the GTs, they are awesome fish. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom