a couple questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. Best way to move an angel? From top to bottom (including fins) they're about 4-6 inches.
2. How long should I wait before introducing apistos to my 30? It has been running for about three weeks now. It was instant-cycled with an established filter. I have not seen anything but stable numbers from it, and it currently houses 9 lemon tetras. Triple full red's x 3.
3. 9 lemon tetras, 3 juvy cockatoos and 2 mature angels... Is this too much for the 30?

Thanx!

1. Best way to move an angel? From top to bottom (including fins) they're about 4-6 inches.

Get the largest net you can find. You can trick them into getting into the net without chasing them around by using food as a lure.

2. How long should I wait before introducing apistos to my 30? It has been running for about three weeks now. It was instant-cycled with an established filter. I have not seen anything but stable numbers from it, and it currently houses 9 lemon tetras. Triple full red's x

I believe this was a typo...you are saying you now have 9 lemons and three 3x full reds already?

3. 9 lemon tetras, 3 juvy cockatoos and 2 mature angels... Is this too much for the 30?

See statement above...are you thinking of introducing the cuckatoos at this point?

Sorry, I guess that wasn't very clear... :eek: The 30 currently has 9 lemons. I plan on finishing up stocking that with 3 double full reds, which are not in there yet. That was what my second question refered to; is it to soon to add the 3 reds, or is it established enough? I asked the third question because the 30 will have to temporarily house 2 angels while I'm trying to get a matched pair out of the four that are in the 55, and if the 30 is to small then I will hold off on the reds until I figure the angel thing out. Hope that makes more sense, kind of a lot all in one post...

So, you have a 30 with 9 lemons and wanna toss in the cuckatoos now? Tank may be cycled and all, but it's not mature. I'd give it another couple of weeks (3 if you can stand it) before adding them. You may as well wait on the angels too. It would be beneficial to add them last.

Hope that makes sense. :)

That's the answer I was looking for, thanx. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the angels, so no hurry there yet. Waiting to put in the reds is no problem either. Wanna do this right!

It's been a few more weeks and I'm back to thinking about putting the cuckatoos in there. The 30 currently stocks the 9 lemons and 2 angels. Will 3 juvy cuck's be a problem? I originally intended to give up the 2 angles after finding a pair for the 55, but I think I have become too attached to just let them go back to the lfs. So thinking long term here, will everything I want live together happily? Just to clarify, I'm talking about 9 lemons, 2 angels and 3 double/triple full red cuckatoos. Oh yeah, 2 mystery snails also.

Back
Top Bottom