Adding fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyatx30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Already have fish in tank. When adding more Is there a best time to add stock to the tank??
I.E. after feeding, before feeding.
Morning,before bed ????
Or just whenever??????

I don't think the time of day is really that crucial its how you introduce the new fish into the tank. Adding two new fish is better than just one. It dilutes the aggression the established fish will have towards the new. Shuffle the aquarium decor around as to break up the established fishes territories. Subdue the tank lights. After the new fish have been acclimated and released, feeding is okay. The feeding frenzy takes a little pressure off the new fish. Good luck.

I always add my new fish from quarantine after lights out. This allows the new fish to acclimate when the other inhabitants are relatively inactive.

I don't think the time of day is really that crucial its how you introduce the new fish into the tank. Adding two new fish is better than just one. It dilutes the aggression the established fish will have towards the new. Shuffle the aquarium decor around as to break up the established fishes territories. Subdue the tank lights. After the new fish have been acclimated and released, feeding is okay. The feeding frenzy takes a little pressure off the new fish. Good luck.

I been doing 5 at a time. But will try the light/inactive thing thought.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom