Angel Agression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok. I have four angels in a 40 gallon. There are five green coydra at the bottom too, but with the way they act, they may as well be in another tank! The angels are half dollar to dollar sized, and they spent some time establishing their pecking order after I first got them. The top dog (black lace) gets aggressive at feeding time, but beyond that they do fine. I felt like they were good in this tank for now, but I am looking to upgrade to a 56 gallon tall or larger if I find something I like.
Out of the blue (I first noticed today anyway) my gold and my gold marble are getting into it CONSTANTLY. The black lace will still shoo away both of them at feeding time, but these two go out of their way to go at one another. It's not random at all. I witnessed a full on battle royal today, with lip locking and all, where neither would back down. :( Should I set up my larger tank ASAP in order to separate these guys, or are they pairing up? Will they hurt each other? I few times I saw the gold (a bit smaller of the two) go for the gills!

Back
Top Bottom