angelfish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreak77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon tank. I have done research on the angelfish but am still questioning the fish that I will put in with an angelfish. I have read other websites that people have angelfish with guppies, mollies, platies, tetras...
I was just wondering if it is at all possible to have those fish in with one angelfish.

My tank that I have set up is this:

1 small angelfish
3 mollies
3 platies
3 guppies
2 corys

or:

1 small angelfish
2 blue female gouramis
2 dwar gouramis
2 corys

I was wondering if this is overstocked or not. :? Also do this fish go together? Some sites would say no..others would say yes! AGH! I need some help. Thanks!

The fish will get along fine with an angel. The gouramis may fight with each other in plan two. You could do two angels in plan one.

1 small angelfish will eventually become a BIG angelfish so yea,guppies are not a suitable tank mate with angels becuase they are small enough to be a food.The rest seem fine,I like list number 2 becuase it is a good combination of fish.You might want more wories since they prefer being in groups.

Make it 3 or 4 cories. They are happier that way. The two male gouramis may fight they are very territorial. If the guppys and angels grow up together you may have no problems with predation.

ok thanks! I would rather have the platies and mollies and such with the angel..you say I could have 2 angels? ok :D the more the merrier!..hahaa..hopefully!

2 small angels
3 mollies
3 platies
3 guppies
3 cories

can I add anymore of the smaller fish?

In my 60 gallon I have 4 medium angels, 2 dwarf gouramis and 4 blue female gourmais and 4 corys. They all get along together perfectly.

why do you want livebreeders the fry will just end up as food. Thats why I tend to stay away from livebreeders unless I want to raise fry for food. I would do a school of tetras and 5 cory cats and a pair of otos with your pair of angels. If you plan on saving the fry you are going to need a qt tank and your going to have a lo of mollies, platies, and guppies.

I do not care to raise fry. The angelfish will have treats! :D ...if a few survive then AWESOME! it's not my main goal of fishkeeping to have babies and raise them. If I DID see some fry I would try to save them.

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom