Angelfish twitching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TropicalChica

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed my young (about 8 months) angelfish acting so weird last night.. totally back to normal today but its like he/she was twitching. Like twitching its head a lot and just being weird, scooting its belly up the glass while twitching.. I tester the water and ammonia and everything was totally normal and last water change was Monday so it wasmt like super recent... it was just very strange, it went on for over an hour then he sort of just went back to normal.

Angelfish are known for twitching especially at each other either for dominance or mating but I've never seen them twitch for no apparent reason. Is your angel a male or female? Is it twitching at another fish?

I noticed my young (about 8 months) angelfish acting so weird last night.. totally back to normal today but its like he/she was twitching. Like twitching its head a lot and just being weird, scooting its belly up the glass while twitching.. I tester the water and ammonia and everything was totally normal and last water change was Monday so it wasmt like super recent... it was just very strange, it went on for over an hour then he sort of just went back to normal.
Hello, I have a large female that sees her reflection on surface or side of tank & she'll twitch at it thinking it's another fish. Don't think it's anything to work about. Hope this helps!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom