Another Tang. Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Came home to find all three Julis sitting on the bottom breathing hard. Did a test of pH and ammonia, pH was fine but ammonia showed up .25. The multis and synos are acting completely normal so im thinking I might have shocked them by moving their hardscape around a little as its affecting no other fish in the tank but them....

Had to leave so I can't watch the tank. Man I hope I don't come home to three dead Julis

Yeah! I really want them soon but wet spot is out and sicichlids won't return my emails...ill see about si one more time...
Here's the pics. Please excuse the algae, I was hoping to have a nice lot for the cyanostictus but I don't have him so...anyway here's the tank and stuff!
it's not visible in the photo but there's a "wall" of rock separating the shells and an open area where the synos and shy Juli hang out.

one of the synos. The other is cruising on the bottom near the shells, couldn't get a pic.
And lastly a terrible photo of the third, and most shy, Juli. He's the odd man out in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you still haven't had contact, I can ask him if he's gotten an email or anything from you. He has some nice eretmodus in stock, reds and blue spot, I'm trying to get one or two myself ?

Sent via echolocation

Keegs - talked to these guys last night, Anthony won't normally ship a single fish which was what bichir was looking for so I think that's kebashed for the time being.

How the Julies doing?

Thanks egghead I plan to get in touch today. Ooooh redspot, sounds niiiiice.

*edit* got in touch with him, shipping would be a heck of a cost. Dont think im ready for that right now, maybe closer to the weekend...

Got a hankerin for a new tank today; friggin MTS.

Some preliminary considerations would be maybe a lose paludarium for some fire belly newts or a sumbu white dwarf & one other specie only tank. Catch is I can't go over a 20 long, you guys got any ideas or suggestions?

Sumbu dwarf tank would be awesome. I'm a huge fan of shellie tanks ;)

Got a leleupi bout a week ago (got tired of waiting for online stuff.) everyone's getting along great and playing nice with eachother. My multis hated the leleupi at first but got used to him.

Something interesting did happen when I added him though; all my fish (including my two synos) constantly hang out around the shells. None of the mutlis even attempt to chase em off, its like the latest hang out spot!

As far as progress with the 20 long nothings been purchased but it may happen the 3rd of February... As far as stock for it im vacillating between two options 1.) tiger or ruby barb only tank. Say what you will but tiger barbs hold a special place in my heart :D 2.) sumbu white dwarf tank.

Those size barbs should be on at least a 40g IMO...smaller ones like cherry barbs might be better
Good luck with the leleupi, I added one to my tank and all hell broke loose...it was wreaking havoc. Ended up removing it. Pics please!!

Those size barbs should be on at least a 40g IMO...smaller ones like cherry barbs might be better
Good luck with the leleupi, I added one to my tank and all hell broke loose...it was wreaking havoc. Ended up removing it. Pics please!!

I thought it'd be a little small, thanks for the heads up! Looks like if that tank goes through it'll be sumbu...

He seems to be playing nice but ill certainly keep watch. Pics to come..

If you get some sumbu I will be super jealous!!! You better breed them ;)

Just a warning, sumbus are not the most active or exciting lol

Also, don't perform large water changes, consistency is key

Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2 females after my other 3 died after I performed a large water change

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Egghead- I would love to see some fry, if this goes through and I get some fry, youre first!

Freak- thanks for the heads up, activity isnt a huge requirement for me but its certainly good to know. And the water change heads up is very good to know too lol. Sorry about your lose, hope you get it worked out soon.

I have a question, im not really looking to have an empty tank; what tank mates if any can go with them in a 20L?

I really hope I can set this tank up, its already sounding cool!

Well 20 long ain't happening but in its place I bought three video games so hey, not complaining lol.

Back
Top Bottom