cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikesFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a severum,blue acara,firemouth and a chocolate cichlid. my severum keeps chaseing my chocolate cichlid and i hate it how can i make it stop?:(

awwww

rule of the thumb
80% of the world population SAY they love chocolate
the rest just abstain from talking!!!!

[/end joke]

what i know is that cich love hiding spaces, maybe you just do not have many enough!!

Well, like Mistic said above, and cichlid tank should have a lot of hiding spots in it. Lots and lots of caves. Cichlids are very aggresive, especially the ones you have. If you can, get tons of rock and start stacking it and making caves and holes for the cichlids to hide in. Another idea is to add more fish so the aggrestion goes down, but with the fish you have and the size they will get, I do not suggest adding more fish.

Only thing I can think of is just rescape your tank and add tons of hiding spots.

a crazy way to make hiding spots for your fish AND at the same time do not loose too much water volume is the following:

get a coca-cola bottle, (size as you wish) and
buy some small-ish rocks, (10-15 mm)
cut the plastic bottle's neck so that it allows the movement of your fish
stick with silicone the small rock the the bottle.

the whole volume of the "cave" will replace just small amounts of your water, YET the smaller fish will feel safe inside.

make sure your cut is JUST about big enough that the small fish get in, but the big ones don't

Back
Top Bottom