cichlids.sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iscr7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys i have lake malawi.cichlids my tank got attacked by.cotton mouth, i have.lost nice.fish.so far red empress, german red,deep water hap, f1 mbuna forgot the.name, young rubesence,. My other cichlids seem ok i been treating the tank with.melafix but stopped using it and added maracyn oxy, and aquarium salt. Can i use both pimafix and maracyn oxy together?

Yes you can use melafix primafix and macaryn together. Melafix and primafix are awesome as they don't upset your biological filtration and they really don't Hurt your fish. Macaryn is good I've used it before after you treat watch closely with that many casualties I might treat twice

Thanks should.i raise.my temperature aswell or.leave it.as.is 74.5

Yeah.some of.them.seem unaffected, only my blood dragon and my chilotilapia Rhodesia got it.on the.lip. The rest seem.fine swimming normal but.some digest a.whiteish string.

Do you think if i drain the.whole tank and.refill will that help?

No that will really upset your bio filter.how long you been treating for and with what? I think the temp is good increasing it will decrease oxygen and cause there breathing rate to increase and at this time there's no point for that, I only increase for ich.

Melafix and primafix IMO have been really good at treating certain things but for cotton mouth because it multiplies fast and can be deadly fast I'd recommend running Arvin in your filter for 24hrs to pull out some of the old medications with a 25% water change. I'd then add the medication as necessary and when treatment is over buy a small bottle of safe start or nitrifying bacteria to keep your nitrates low while your tank has a mini cycle

I been treating it with mardel maracyn oxy. And pima fix treats.fungal infections. Its been two.weeks.since.i.noticed.then.fish.started.dying.and i saw.cotton.on their.mouths. And fin rot, im trying to.save the.ones.i.have

Ok we're you treating already when fish started dieing? Primafix works great but it has to be minor in my experience

Yeah i started treating a little late and now i want to save what i got left.

Ok if there showing no signs and its been 2 weeks you are probably ok. The medication in the tank will help. IMO from here finish your Meds do A big water change 50% and keep that water perfect if that means a water change every couple days do this freshwater makes a huge difference in fighting disease. If your fish are really healthy then chances are they won't catch it there body will fight it off. I'd discontinue the salt unless you see a minor wound you would like to treat

Ok i will do a water.change friday to finish the medications since i already started them. Im just worried about my blood dragon and my rhodesi their the.only ones with the.sign on their lip but its not getting out of.control. I will update friday. Where do i get Arvin?

External infections should be treated with either antibiotics, chemicals in the water, or both. Copper sulfate, Acriflavine, Furan, and Terramycin may all be used externally to treat Columnaris

Back
Top Bottom