Dwarf Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good common dwarf cichlid that i can find in any lfs because i'm looking for a good center piece for a 15 gallon tank? Please help I'd like to see what possible options i have and then do some research to see which one would be perfect. I appreciate any and all advice given! Thanks :)

Last edited:
I've actually never seen these guys in stores near me. Then again I never looked for them, so I don't know. It depends on the store I guess. You could always have them ordered through the lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I read your question wrong. They are definitely not the most popular cichlids considering there are thousands of cichlids who need a much larger tank than a 15 gallon.

I've actually never seen these guys in stores near me. Then again I never looked for them, so I don't know. It depends on the store I guess. You could always have them ordered through the lfs.

i would love to order them through the lfs but the manager is never there so i can't until he gets there

Apistogramma cacatoides, a pair is the business. You could do a pair in a 15 if you're up.for 50% weekly wc's and a bangin scape..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424734492378.jpg
    1424734492378.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 104
Too bad you're in Jersey I have a sweet Apistogramma piaroa I'd like to find a new home for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's my list of cichlids and some nice alternatives that would work:
Peacock Bass
Oscar
Frontosa
Jk, Jk, none of those will work!!!!!
The real list:
1. Apistogramma cacatoides
2. Mikrogeophagus altispinosus
3. Mikrogeophagus ramirezi
4. Shellies in general
5. (This is where the cichlids end) Aphyosemion bitaeniatum