Eels and/or bichirs in cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cecibella123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 137g (strange size, I know; homemade by a friend) Malawi cichlid tank, stocked as follows: 2 Malawi butterflies, 8 Demasoni, 3 redfin Borleyi, 4 Acei, 8 yellow labs, 2 Synodontis cf_polli catfish, and 1 golden algae eater.
I'd like to stock a couple tiretrack eels or a couple bichirs in the tank. Is this at all doable? I can't find much online about compatibility with these species and cichlids.

Seeing that both the eel and the bichir are carnivores I would say no. Diet is way to different.

Thanks Mike. I had considered that, but was hoping someone would give me an answer I wanted to hear. Ah, well; getting about time to add another tank anyway. Will start begging the wife.

Actually have a look into Tanganyikan Eels like the Aethiomastacembelus elipsifer and Mastacembelus plagiostoma. They are stunning specimens and live with Cichlids so they require high PH. Check them out on youtube, a lot of videos to see of them.

Back
Top Bottom