Feeding new Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Runsoncoffee

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently got three new Bolivian Rams (I think they’re all male) they don’t seem to be eating, and if they are it’s a very small amount. They’re in a community tank of mostly larger tetras, and I used tetramin color flakes to feed everyone but the catfish. In the past I’ve used crisps to feed cichlids, but these guys are a little small to really eat that. I know it might just take them time to adjust to the new tank, but do you guys have any suggestions to help, or products that would be better for them than what I’ve got now?

Get them something pelletized. They pick off the bottom. The tetras are going to beat em to the feed with anything that stays suspended or floats.

Get them something pelletized. They pick off the bottom. The tetras are going to beat em to the feed with anything that stays suspended or floats.

Thanks so much, is there a particular brand you prefer or have heard good things about?

I feed mostly frozen. I use omega one cichlid pellets for the pigs, those would do.

Back
Top Bottom