Filtration options for 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samahabou

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I'm setting up an African cichlids tank it's 75 gallon it's going to be stocked with mbuna cichlids to be exact but the most important thing right now is filtration should I go with canister or HOB and it's frustrating BC you hear good and bad reviews about high end systems what would you suggest budget up to $200

FLuval, sunset and eheim all make awesome canister filters. I don't know any specific models, but there are a few rated for the bigger tanks like yours.

I'm also setting up a 75 cichlid, I'm going with 2 aquaclear 110's (HOB). I like this brand and style of filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I order the eheim canister filter that run a 100 gallon they got great reviews and there saying they last for long time I just hope they don't leak like most canister filters

Sent from my XT1097 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My tank is going to be on the second floor of my house, I can't have leakage, which was another reason I went with HOBs

I have the API Filstar XP3 for my 75 gal. Its rated up to 175 gal, so it's more than adequate. Incredibly easy to prime, I really like that I can personalize the filtration media. Only negative is that it doesn't come with enough media. You'd need to add another carbon pack, pads (both coarse filtering and fine) and ceramic rings, bioballs or whatever you choose. Never once in the past 5 or 6 months I've had it has it leaked, and it's incredibly quiet.
Filstar XP L Canister Filter - Up to 175 gal.
Here's a link if you want to see a picture.

Running API Filstar for 4 years with 0 issues...Great filter!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom