Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure what these guys are. My lfs didn't know either. They were shipped on accident. The second picture is only dark because it's scared.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422592987.044623.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422592998.891417.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422593009.694131.jpg

Looks a little bit like a sunny. But I am not up on my natives enough to know which kind. Petsmart got a bunch of sunnies in with their feeders by mistake about 6 months ago.

It's a cichlid for sure, and I don't think native. This came from a small shop that usually has lots of CA/SA cichlids.

I know it and I can seem to get the name to come to me...really bothering me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe herichthys bocourti?

Possibly but they traditionally don't have that big of a tail spot. They also have vey pronounced rays in their dorsal which I can't make out in the fish in question.

Can you get a picture of his fins all flared out?

Possibly but they traditionally don't have that big of a tail spot. They also have vey pronounced rays in their dorsal which I can't make out in the fish in question.

Can you get a picture of his fins all flared out?

The body shape just looks very herichthys-esque to me

Back
Top Bottom