Fish sensing a storm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night it stormed for about 5 hours here, thunder, lightning the whole works. I came downstairs to turn my tank lights off and all of the adult fish were barely moving to point where it looked like death. The teenagers as we call them were behaving normally. Even my male auratus and kenyi were laying on the bottom gasping and not bullying. This morning everything is back to normal. They're bullying everything in sight. Anyone else ever have this experience?

My tanks do the same thing. All my Corydora will stop moving. The Pleco breathes heavy. All animals can sense storms. They are my weather station

I'm glad that's what it was believe me. I almost started a water change I was so nervous. In 2 years it's the first time they're done it to that extreme. Thanks for the reply.

Interesting subject. All animals, IMO, can sense when weather changes. From horses, birds to fish. Watch the weather on tv and next time it storms, watch the animals, their behavior will change. It may not be dramatic, but it does.

Back
Top Bottom