Help choosing most compatible cichlid to add to my 75 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Runsoncoffee

Aquarium Advice Regular
To preface this, I have a strange tank set up of small American cichlids (8” and under) with tetras and platies. It’s worked pretty well, and it’s something I really enjoy.

Recently, I lost my Electric blue acara. Don’t know what happened, he was acting a little lethargic, I was treating the tank for some fungus, and he was just gone one day.

However, I tried getting another cichlid from a petstore. Purchased a pike cichlid, and was told by the petstore that it would only be 7-8 inches. When I looked it up on the internet (briefly) it looked like it would work very well for my tank. And it’s turned out to be a very bad decision, as he’s eaten all the platies in the tank, and I’ve had him for only two days.

I’m taking him back to the store and going to exchange him for a different cichlid and some platies.I need some help finding a cichlid that will work. Preferably no blood parrots, convicts, or firemouths, as I already have theses and my firemouth is very aggressive towards other firemouths.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! I’m currently thinking that rainbow, salvini, or severum cichlids might be a good choice?

Back
Top Bottom