Holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkmaune

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is my lab holding?
Also I moved her into her own tank while shes holding.
Do I put the male in with her?

Thanks =]

Attachments

• 2011-10-17_15.40.18.jpeg
    2011-10-17_15.40.18.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 116
Yeah she's holding,that's how my acei is looking right now!!!but I'm thinking you put her in a tank by herself,Sumbody else with more experience will answer you soon!!!!!

Well I put him in the tank with her, until somebody chimes in with more experience. He isn't bothering her, I think he's mad because I took him from his Blessed rock lol.

I heard that sometimes the male will hold for a minute so she can eat. I'm probably wrong.

the fish looks to have a little chub, my lab just gave me 35+ fry today actually... IME the female holds the whole time, and i think if shes by herself she'll be fine, mine was...

Okay cool. I'll take him out tomorrow. I'm going to rearrange the big tank tomorrow and put him back in. He was gettting pretty aggressive towards the other cichlids in his "breeding" hole he dug in the sand haha.

+1 take out the male. on very few occasions does the male actually guard her, its more waiting for her to finish so he can make more lol. congrats, i hope u get lots of pretty fry that look like her! x

Well she ended up swallowing them or spitting the eggs out the next day =/ but it was her first time. But now she has another batch in her mouth today!!! Let's hope she keeps them!!!! :)

Cool man...You can wait to seperate her for a while...Like 2 weeks. Then put a small tank inside your big tank, that has really small holes in it. Or buy a breeder net. Let her spit in the little tank and remove her. Just make sure you drill the holes very small because the fry are tiny. I also drop in an airstone to keep lots of 02 in the fry tank. But the water is the same as in my main.
img_1657077_0_c1a44bb81e66b313566e0ac472bad654.jpg

img_1657077_1_43e7161257c1ea2eda8dee8f746351be.jpg

Mine is just an acrylic cube...No top, the top extends above the water line so the fry have no chance of getting out...Also keeps the other fish from getting in.

I have my female in a part of the tank i divided from the rest, ive had to add rocks to both sides of the bottom of the divider cause the male does everything he can to get over to the other side to be with the female, currently my female is holding and she is in the divided part with her first batch thats barely a month old...

Attachments

• image-3733973442.jpg
    image-3733973442.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4045685948.jpg
    image-4045685948.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 62
Hopefully she doesn't just keep producing fry after fry. You might get into trouble unless you are capable or housing all them.

Well her main squeeze has calmed down a bit since there is another dominant male in the tank. The 2 males are too busy guarding their territory to follow the female around.
But if she does I luckily have a LFS (Not a chain) that I am selling the fry to.
They have amazing setups of SW & FW and take really good care of their fish.

All good then, I have two pairs of breeding kribs. It really annoying one pair had the first fry. Then the other pair has had two sets of fry in the time it took the one pair to have one. Unfortunately my one female is sick right now:(

Back
Top Bottom