Hydor inline heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dean jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone use hydor inline heaters on there aquariums,because I'm thinking of getting some ? Also do they only go up to 300 watt ? Cheers guys ;-)

I'm running the 300w on my 75g, I love it. No complaints here. Some people were complaining about the thermostat failing and staying open but temps have remained consistent in my tank.

Cheers fellas ;-) gonna order one now from EBay only £27.99 for a 300 watt.Hey would a 300 watt one be ok for a 90 gallon tank ?

Dean jones said:
Andrew wonder if you could help me with something mate ? I'm thinking of ordering a Hydor inline heater,and was wondering if it would be ok to use with a fluval 405 mate ?

I've never used an in line

Just a heads up.. I'm using the 300w on my fluval 406 and i had to buy new tubing for my output leg. I forget what the dimensions were but because fluvals tubing is ribbed i couldn't attach it to the heater. Got some new tubing and hose clamps at home depot for a couple bucks.

Meregosh I love fluval tubing mate ;-) that's the reason I use them filters ? Call me crazy but I have two 405's on my 90 gallon Mbuna tank...

I don't mind it but to hook up with my inline I had to switch to standard vinyl tubing to get a tight fit on the Hydor. Just giving you the heads up! :)

Hey Meegosh if that's true and I'm sure it is,I only use fluval due to there ease of use mate ;-( gonna try it tomorrow with a water change ? Cheers for the advice mate,it's most appreciated ;-)

Meegosh you was right mate ? I've other filters not in use so just hope one of the tubes fit hydor inline heater & Aquastop valve ? How did you get o vinyl tube to fit both Aquastop valve & hydor heater mate ?

I used hose clamps to secure them on each end. Something like this:

hose_clamp.png

Back
Top Bottom