Id my new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, i have a kenyi thats holding. took me forever to put that tank together and do all my research. i think he maybe the last one in..unless i can find a midnight hab which i am having zero
luck at.

the kenyi should be about to spit them out neday now, but i will leave wether or not they survive up to them. i dont plan on having another tank so i cant keep all of those fry. but if they happen to survive ill be happy to take them. The fish im looking for actually called Copadichromis melas or midnight mloto, i problem am wrong for callng it a hab. its all black.

Can you please id this one for me.

If you're referring to the one that the camera follows for the first part of the video, it's most likely a melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (also known as the electric blue johanni), probably female.

...after googling ive decided that it is an interruptus...it has horizontal lines like a johanni but vertical lines that run into the horizontals also. so im pretty sure its a interruptus...

Both horizontal lines are of m. interruptus are usually completely 'interrupted' so that there'd be series of two parallel square-like dashes or blotches. The horizonal stripes on the fish in the video are well-formed and mostly solid. M. cyaneorhabdos with some minor line breaking.

Somewhat off topic, but it will be hard to keep two male m. auratus in that tank.

i know, i purchased the small one when it was still showing the yellow, he turned about three weeks ago, im hoping someone i know will decide to get a tank so i can just dump the little off on them.

Back
Top Bottom