Identify help Please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zipperfly58

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I bought a mixed bag of juvenile Mbuna. & Peacock cichlids, can anyone help in identifying what they are. The orange ones are sunburnt peacocks that I bought myself, any, help would be greatly appreciated.IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0931.jpg

I'll take a stab at it. Female, OB (Blotch) cichlid. The two vertically striped fish next to the OB
are juvenile Peacocks. One is starting to color up. Until they age a little more probably won't be able to determine variety or sex.

Hi, thanks, I know the vertical stripped ones are peacocks and the orange ones are sunburst, not thinking the darker brownish ones are OB blotched. The photos aren't showing very well but depending on their mood they get quite dark and their top fins are reddish/orange in color.

The bottom photo fish on right is a OB peacock, that I know. For sure. Thanks

The bottom photo fish on right is a OB peacock, that I know. For sure. Thanks
Looks like a female OB. The peacock next to her in the last pic, Looks like a female peacock. Next time you take photos, use flash. The flash will reflect allot of color that we can't see for a while or until they "color up" Without flash the dominant male Hap and the Male OB Fry in the pic, looks like the others, drab. My adult females, darken the most, One freaked me out one day, she changed so much after releasing her fry, thought I had a new fish. She had warrior paint on lol. Mood swings will do that and males ready to mate. 20180205_160035-picsay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom