Is this actually a green terror?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryldooley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Saw this little one. Pretty beat up in the fins and wanted to save him. Is this a green terror?! Or blue acara ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393021085.933831.jpg

It looks like a Andinoacara rivulatus but hard to tell for sure with the torn fins and the pic isn't clear for me.

B
Hi Cheryl. How's you're tank doing? I'd be careful of putting him in w you're larger fish. He'll likely get beat up there too. ?

New tanks up and running. Can't wait to put my fish in!! New fluval 306 in it too.

Yes I wanted to save him but don't have the proper tank for him. Mine would probably hurt him too. Thought maybe it would be safer in a longer tank?

Ecstatic. Could only afford the 55 long home made and a very nice stand from store. Plus two filters. It's a long 55 can't remember dimension but I'm happy. Got hoods and lamps for it. Now my fish can grow to full length. I want the two in the picture. Terror and frontosa but can't fit them :( darn. Would look nice.

Tank should be liveable next week I think I've had it running two weeks now with old media and some substrate will test and see! Can't wait. It looks so bare like this haha.

Because of it's size I may wanna add more fish! Haha. But thinking of fish at adult size I don't think I can. Rehomed the pleco now I play waiting game !

While I have you can I put clown loach in a 40 gall? Can't get a straight answer. I know they can get big just wondering if it's able like two?

I have a small one in a 36 that will need to go soon. He's getting bigger but has only grown an inch in a year. Had no place tonputnhim and loved him so in he went from my 72 gal. It can be for short term but they really deserve a 90 or bigger depending who u ask. They're awesome fish and someday I will do a big 125 or 180 with them and some more peaceful South American or Central American cichlids.

I currently have 2 GT which are about 2" in a 130 US Gallon tank, and 2 BA which are a little over 2-1/2" in a 55 Gallon. I plan to only keep one of each in the long term, mixed in their current tanks with other cichlids, large schooling fish and a few catfish. Anyway, based on mine which are definately correctly identified i would say that yours is a BA, although without seeing the tail i can't be sure. It's one of the best ways to tell the difference, a GT would definatly be starting to show a bit of a thin orange line on the back.

Back
Top Bottom