Is this ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jd0716

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just hot home and was feeding my fish and I noticed on both my green terrors they have what looks like there molting. It's only on there dorsal fins. I'm not sure if it's ich or something else. Please advise. None of my other fish have it on them.

image-2876860805.jpg

No its not ich. It doesnt look like a happy fish to me its clamped up and looks like you need to treat fungus meds quickly. How often are you doing water changes?

I did about a 20 percent water change on Sunday and also replaced with new filters. I do have a uv sterilizer in the tank for about 2 weeks do you think that could cause a fungal outbreak?

Clean water can usually prevent these kind of problems but your going to see a bad ammonia problem if you completely changed your filter. Thats definitely fungal though and needs treating. How long has your tank been set up?

If anything a uv sterilizer should prevent it and not cause it.

Youre going to have huge problems, if youve completely removed the old filter than youve lost your cycle. If you want to save your peacock you now need to do large water changes daily to keep the ammonia down. Just as important is the fungal medication.

I just did a 50 percent water change and will have to the lfs tomorrow. And I guess will have to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom