Lake Malawi salts, additives.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Do you guys add Lake Malawi salt to your tanks for your cichlids? Does it make a difference if you do? If so what brand? Right now Ive been adding a tsp of API stress tyme weekly.

stress zyme is only needed for water changes and some people keep their african cichlids at 1.008-1.010 salinity one of the tank of the month explains how he keeps his africans at 1.010 and uses api master salt kit for testing

A healthy aquarium won't need any additives. I will add some salt if I notice and injury. And prime to neutralize chlorines in my tap during water changes

I've never done it, only during water changes if I do more than a 20% ill use some stress meds but that's about it. Never used salts either I hear it's used for ich but I just medicate.

Im a fan of Malawi lake salt. Since using, my fish seem peaceful and happy. Never had sickness in my tank...and my male-tank pops with color and growth. A stable diet and dilligent water-changes help of course. NEVER just dose an up and running tank, it needs to be introduced via water changes gradually. The trace elements in lake salt are great for Africans and great for their immune systems. Everyone wipes their butt their own way.

stress zyme is for "keeping up your bacteria colony" so its not really needed i only use it when changing filters, stress coat is what is what i use for weekly water changes

Back
Top Bottom