Macmasteri or Viejita

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there actually such a thing as a viejita? Every one I've found seems to be actually what people say is macmasteri.

Is there actually such a thing as a viejita? Every one I've found seems to be actually what people say is macmasteri.
True vie's are pretty rare, atleast when i was actively searching them out years ago. Nothing wrong with mac's though. They're stunning and more resilient.

True vie's are pretty rare, atleast when i was actively searching them out years ago. Nothing wrong with mac's though. They're stunning and more resilient.

What makes this a macmaster? Did you notice the shape of his tail?

It's not that I was hoping for viejita, it's just that I want to find a mate for it, and the fish labeled macmasteri look very different, but the ones labelled viejita look very similar.

What makes this a macmaster? Did you notice the shape of his tail?

It's not that I was hoping for viejita, it's just that I want to find a mate for it, and the fish labeled macmasteri look very different, but the ones labelled viejita look very similar.
Just what it looks like to me. They're pretty similar.

This was listed as a Red Neck Viejta at my lfs. Yours definitely has a few different characteristics.1608428470741.jpeg

This was listed as a Macmasteri from the same store. Idk unless it is wild it is probably hybridized.95800064_3651294048249422_232124698673020928_n.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom