Malawi tank addition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish99

Aquarium Advice Freak
What next?

I am working on my first cichlid tank. 55 gallon, sand substrate, rocks forming caves to hide. I have 6 yellow labs at 3" and 6 lwanda yellow top peacocks at 2". Can î add a third species? What would work well and not interbreed?

Thanks!

Pseudotropheus Acei would probably work in that tank. They usually aren't super aggressive so they would fit in well with your less aggressive fish. Do you have any specific colors you are looking for?

Psuedotropheus demasoni is a nice blue cichlid but sadly it's aggressive.

How about a tangankian or a hap. I like my altolampagus calvus and zebra obliquidens. You don't necessarily have to keep it lake specific unless you want too

Red zebras are beautiful and assertive fish. A dwarf cichlid from lake victoria that I like is pelvicachromis pulcher.

Red zebras are beautiful and assertive fish. A dwarf cichlid from lake victoria that I like is pelvicachromis pulcher.

Kribs are actually not from any of the rift lakes and typically don't match up with the mbuna to well. I would at least stay within the lakes if I were you.

I see. Lemon jake peacocks and tropheus duboisi are cool rift lake cichlids.

Thanks all. No specific colors i am looking for, just want them to get along best thy can and not get too big. Time to look into these!

Back
Top Bottom