Male or Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RUBE31

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im thinking I have a female but im not sure. Any help would be appreciated. TIA1482968367806.jpg1482968375947.jpg

female.98%
Red belly , short fins.
Me too, the fins and tail are why i think its a female but i dont know if its still too young to tell. Im trying to get her a mate. lol thanks for the reply.

I agree with coralbandit it's female, males tend to be less colorful and bigger with that species.

Its definitely a female, happened to find a male at one of LFS so i snatched him up. Im keeping them apart for the time being while i set up a 20g long so they can breed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its definitely a female, happened to find a male at one of LFS so i snatched him up. Im keeping them apart for the time being while i set up a 20g long so they can breed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good deal!(y)
Kribs are great to watch raise their young.:popcorn:
It has been a while for since I have had them...They overran my 180g in a year!

1483653527940.jpg
Here they are together....going to put them in a 20 long so my other fish dont bother them. This should be fun.

Nice!
Make sure they have something to dig a cave under like a rock or wood.
They will make a cave and she will lay eggs there.
You should be able to spot them focusing in on one area of tank soon, as they excavate

Nice!
Make sure they have something to dig a cave under like a rock or wood.
They will make a cave and she will lay eggs there.
You should be able to spot them focusing in on one area of tank soon, as they excavate
I have a terracotta pot that im going to cut in half to make a cave and im going to add plants from my 75 gallon.

Agree - female

47010-albums8877-picture49874.jpg

And here's what a male looks like.

47010-albums8877-picture49820.jpg

Kribensis - Pelvicachromis pulcher

Kribensis, Pelvicachromis pulcher, Krib, Purple Cichlid

You can keep them in those tanks but the 55 would be better. Read up on them first. They get quite aggressive when breeding. I've kept them with tiger barbs without issue in community tanks. I generally put some caves in the corner in hopes of separating them from their tank mates. Generally pretty easy to get them paired up. And Mama is gonna prance those fry all around that tank. Very entertaining.

What is that? It is beautiful!! Can I put them in a 20 long with tetras, or on a 55 community?
Here is my pair in my 75 gallon community planted tank. They picked out their spot and no messes with them and they dont mess with anyone. So far so good. 1484369832738.jpg1484369841593.jpg

Hi guys
Quick question regarding these guys.
I have a pair in my tank together with other fish and have been wondering, do these fish only breed a certain time of the season or any given time when they are ready?

Hi guys
Quick question regarding these guys.
I have a pair in my tank together with other fish and have been wondering, do these fish only breed a certain time of the season or any given time when they are ready?
From what ive read and seeing, theyll breed once they pair up. Ill keep you posted on mine.

1485226524820.jpg
Got the 10 gallon set up for the kribensis, a week or two more and ill be able to add them in! [emoji2]

Top pic is a female, the bottom pic looks like a male but i need to see a better pic of the tail to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom