medi-clay for aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came across a guy talking about a product called "medi-clay".. He was saying it keeps he water crystal clear and it's mainly used for koi ponds. I just want to get some info on it from all you AA peeps. Does it work? Can I use it in my tank with Frontosa, Calvus, Biker Eel and Pleco?

I'm really good on doing just water changes all the time but want to know if there is a benefit.

Attachments

• image-2985771658.jpg
    image-2985771658.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 105
I have tryed to do some research on the matter here but there isn't a lot of info out there about it. I dont think I'd do it because of the lack of information and because of I don't see any reason to. Sorry I wasnt much help but I wanted you to know I tryed :)

I would stay clear, ponds work on slightly different systems. I would think the bottom of your tank would look like sludge and your filters would probably clog pretty quickly, clear water in a pond is still not as clear as aquarium water. Purigen would be a much better option for crystal clear water.

Yeah I tried looking it up and it was hard to find anything, I also saw its a UK product not sold in the US. I'm not really having water issues just wanted to see what's up with it. I'm already using Purigen in my canister. Thanks for the effort guys!

Back
Top Bottom