moving need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anikonslr

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am moving about 80 miles this weekend. what is the best way to transfer the fish so they will all survive. i was thinking about putting them all in a large cooler full of water but not sure if that will be safe for them.

anikonslr said:
i am moving about 80 miles this weekend. what is the best way to transfer the fish so they will all survive. i was thinking about putting them all in a large cooler full of water but not sure if that will be safe for them.

Get some battery powered air pumps from Walmart. They are cheap and work great. I moved over 40 fish in tubs and buckets. Not a single loss and it was a 100+ mile trip.

I just bought fish up in north jersey and I live in delaware. It was almost 3 hour drive and fish were fine. I wouldn't be too worried about 80 miles. Put them in buckets with tank water. When you get to the new place set up an air pump while you set up the tank.

Remember, fish get shipped overnight and are fine 12-16 hours in bags.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your help got all of them moved and only lost one fish. But found a whole bunch of babies. I will post pics of the new tank serup later today.

anikonslr said:
Thank you everyone for your help got all of them moved and only lost one fish. But found a whole bunch of babies. I will post pics of the new tank serup later today.

Ahh. The circle of life

Back
Top Bottom