My Discus only eat bloodworms? Is it ok ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennisdiscus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have really cool discus fish tank pics I have had mine for six years now and they're doing great I learned . All's mine eat our blood worms I was wondering any other good options for them I heard salary that is boiled

Attachments

• image-1625014448.jpg
    image-1625014448.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image-105900671.jpg
    image-105900671.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 181
I've heard of blanched celery, cucumber and squash. I don't know much about Discus' diets though.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Took me a long time but I got mine to eat flake food and they look better since, more protein Im thinking than worms or brine shrimp which is the only thing they would eat.

Nice discus BTW!

You want to be careful just giving them a high protein diet. This can lead to constipation. You may want to try adding brine shrimp in with the bloodworms to get some roughage in there and help clean them out. If you are using frozen bloodworms, use frozen brine. If freeze dried bloodworms, freeze dried shrimp as well. While brine shrimp is not the most nutritious food source, you are not using it for nutrition, you are using it for roughage so don;t add any extras to the shrimp.
In the past when I kept Discus, they got a diet of flakes in the morning, live tubifex worms in the afternoon and the last feeding of the day was frozen brine shrimp. Since I kept these fish in a tank with no substrate, I could see in the morning how well the shrimp worked the night before. A lot of poop meant a lot of happy fish :D

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks got them on hanz discus food too and I mix befheart in with blood worms they like it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom