My new 55 gal set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sick-lid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389257601.467911.jpg
This is my first attempt at an a/cichlid tank so feed back will be appreciated.
It is a sunsun 200 ltr in built filter runs 900 l/h as well as a aquis 1000 running 700 l/h
Stock
4 yellow labs
1lionhead
4 juv blue zebs
12 mature blue zebs
2 auratus
1 dolphin

just based on head count, you seem to be overstocked.
It might be ok for aggression. do frequent water changes to keep the nitrates low.
I like how you set up the rocks.

You have swim throughs but it doesnt appear to me that you have caves for hiding so the cichlids can retreat when the aggression gets thick.

Yes caves really help try moving a few pieces of hardscape to create a cave or two.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a swap with a mate and got rid off 7 of the biggest labs
Got 2 more yellows
An electric blue and Dempsey
Moved the scape around to
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389311206.172625.jpg

Thanks was trying to provide a bit of space for the dolphin he's only small but needs the open water.
Still unsure about the jd because of the old/ new world mix but seen it work on utube so will just wait it out seems happy for now

Do you mean you got rid of some of the mature blue zebras? That was gonna be my suggestion. Stick with buying smaller fish. They grow slow.

I'd stick to labs and small blue zebras. Along w your other singles and consider trading the auratus. My opinion on them is they're mean sob's and will own the other fish and as they grow I think they lose their good looks. My opinion.

Yeah I read the can be b@$7@rds but they are the babies of the tank atm so the other fish should keep them in line will trade down the road if need be

Back
Top Bottom