My new 90 setup with 20gal sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's up and rocking. Everything is working great. Have successfully (and unintentionally) tested all my safety switches. The ATO system is stellar. Fish are happy. Now I am just looking into the plant situation. Thinking about dwarf hair grass and a underwater tree using java moss.

Looks great! We'll done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I added some Bolivian Rams to my tank now. Such an active tank. Everyone is happy, super vibrant colors on all fish. Just planted some Eleocharis acicularis 'mini', which is a grass that stays around 1-2.0inch tall.

Current stock

15 Columbia Tetra
12 Serpae Tetra
10 Prisella Tetra
6 Yoyo Loach
1 Red Tail Shark
6 Ghost Shrimp
3 Lazer Corys
4 Bolivian Rams

Cheers

DIY Drop Checker

I am going to get a CO2 system. Ordered an inline diffuser. Will be running a 5lb bottle, dual regulator, Bubble counter etc

I was looking at drop checkers and decided to build my own. I took some 2" dia acrylic and machined one. It holds 10ml. Easy to fill/empty. Turn it over and use a syringe. Now I just have to figure out how to mount it.

(Not sure why the pics are sideways)

Attachments

• IMG_4194.jpg
    IMG_4194.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4199.jpg
    IMG_4199.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4198.jpg
    IMG_4198.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 63
Rams

Here are 2 of the rams. Not easy to get a clear shot of fish. I like the blue around the mouth. Looks good at night under the blue light.

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 66
Got my DIY drop checker installed. It just has tap water and a low pH solution for shits and giggles at the moment as I don't have my CO2 system up and running yet. Piece by piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 62
Adding bio media

After the last few water test have shown a very very slight green tint (when checking ammonia) I decided to add more bio media. I have 1000 bioballs ( 0.625" dia) acting as a moving bed filter which is working great, however now that the fish have grown I am thinking its not quite enough. I purchased 1.1kg of Fluval BioMax ceramic rings and added them to my sump just under the foam filter. When I designed my sump I allowed a few extra places to add media etc if needed. Glad I did. I will run this for a week then test for ammonia again and see if it comes back yellow with no hint of green to it.

Back
Top Bottom