New 125 is set-up.....pics....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thanks for the help especilly advice from HUKIT and Malawai Freak!!

I finished moving my guys from a 90 to a 125 gallon tank. Stand is a home made temporary stand, I'm going to build a nicer one and stain it cherry to match the aquarium trim.

Let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN7861.jpg
    DSCN7861.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 182
Looks great the only thing about it I would change is that one little neon green plant in the middle. Just looks out of place since its so bright lol

Thanks, don't know why its looking so bright in the pic, in the tank it doesn't. But I think I have some darker little plants so I will swap them out. Thanks!

Here are a couple more of the fish....

Attachments

• DSCN7869.jpg
    DSCN7869.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN7863.jpg
    DSCN7863.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 181
The only thing I would change personally are the cichlid stones, while I use them in breeder tanks I can't stand them in the show tank. Just a personal preference, I think they look fake and take away some of the beauty we all strive for. I would hit up local landscape supply companies to look for rocks. I've bought everything from Texas Holey to large sandstone for pennies on the pound

Besides that it looks great! Your really going to enjoy the extra footprint(at least until cleaning time).

Attachments

• image-514907291.jpg
    image-514907291.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 160
  • image-503394131.jpg
    image-503394131.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 162
I agree about the cichlid stones. I've actually replaced some with real rocks and plan to keep doing that as I get more rock. I'll have to hit up some of the landscape places because in the LFS it's crazy $$! What rocks would be best if I get the at a landscape place? Does it matter?

Looks great. Just gotta get on aquatraders now and get a new light fixture. The 6' I think is around $130.

What rocks would be best if I get the at a landscape place? Does it matter?

It doesn't matter really, some will slightly buffer PH some are inert. When I bought Holey rock it was 24 cents per pound as opposed to $5-6 a pound at the local pet store. I like the large layered look I did in my above pictures, but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also check out local parks and rivers, I've found some great ones... It's fun and FREE.

Please ignore all the bubbles....I literally just finished a water change and its gonna be like that for a few hours.

I love the light, I've been trying to find the time but I want to cut out holes on both sides and put fans in, it definitely does get hot.

These are their reversed legs, when I first ordered it the legs came severely bent so after I called them (of course they tried to SELL me these legs but I just laughed at them). I'm not too sure how I feel about them. They talked them up and I agreed they could replace the bent ones with these. The other ones the fixture cannot slide into the tank, with these it can. Just thought I would show you a pic of them since I don't think they show it on the website.

Attachments

• image-2902502262.jpg
    image-2902502262.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1348118131.jpg
    image-1348118131.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 187
Thanks Malawai! I'm ordering the 6' light today! After that, I just have to build the permanent stand, stained cherry to match decor.

Did you build or buy your stand? I noticed 2 large doors, are they awkward to open and access inside or no? I'm debating on making 2 doors or 4.

I built my stand. It's a metal stand with a wood frame screwed into it. I made the doors large to compensate being able to get in there easily.

Malawi Freak said:
Please ignore all the bubbles....I literally just finished a water change and its gonna be like that for a few hours.

I love the light, I've been trying to find the time but I want to cut out holes on both sides and put fans in, it definitely does get hot.

These are their reversed legs, when I first ordered it the legs came severely bent so after I called them (of course they tried to SELL me these legs but I just laughed at them). I'm not too sure how I feel about them. They talked them up and I agreed they could replace the bent ones with these. The other ones the fixture cannot slide into the tank, with these it can. Just thought I would show you a pic of them since I don't think they show it on the website.

My light arrives today! Can't wait to set it up. Thanks for the pics.

No problem. Make sure you inspect everything and any damage you take pics. They won't issue a refund/exchange unless you have them. I love their lights but they are known for broken bulbs.

Everything was perfect! All bulbs in tact and working. Easily attached the legs and fits perfectly! Very happy!

Back
Top Bottom