New, Angel Fish Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pitluvs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sorry to jump in and ask, but I'm really lost.

First, I'm Donna from Atlantic Canada and I'm kinda sorta pretty new to tanks. I have been keeping fish since May. I have had tanks in the past, but this is the first time keeping fish by the book.

So my question is about Angel Fish.

My Hubby has become overly attached to a black Angel fish at the pet store. Body is about the size of the palm of my hand, fins extra. He/she had a mate, but we noticed tonight he/she is alone, the mate was floating at the top of the tank. My Hubby has been at the store the last 2 weeks, checking on 'his' Angel fish. He's named the fish a few times, swears he's male lol Anyways, he was heart broken tonight and it took quite some time to get him to leave without the fish.

Now what I want to know is, I may have to move my 29g crew (danios/tetras/swords/pleco) to my 45g long. I was planning on the 45g long being a angel/ram/rainbow fish tank down the road. But my Danios are being aggressive, and I feel everyone in that tank would benefit from a larger space.

Can I let my Hubby take this Angel home? Would he/she be ok in a 29g alone, with some bottom schooling fish? I really want Rams, would those be ok in there instead? I have a LF BNP on it's way here for the 29g, would that be ok in there too?

I am not really looking to have more angels than just this guy. If we were going to do the 45g with angels, then I would have been ok with a pair (buying 6 and selling off until I get a pair). But this Angel isn't in a good spot, and my Hubby has his heart set on THIS one.

Any help would be great!

IMO, the angel would probably be ok if you took it home to your 29 gallon. He would be fine with a couple of rams since they are relatively peaceful most of the time and stay at the bottom. I have a BN pleco baby and he does fine in my angel/ram community. Sorry, I have no experience with rainbows. I know swords are angel-friendly. Angels will eat small fish. What variety of tetras/danios do you have? Also, what sort of pleco? Common?

Sorry to jump in and ask, but I'm really lost.

First, I'm Donna from Atlantic Canada and I'm kinda sorta pretty new to tanks. I have been keeping fish since May. I have had tanks in the past, but this is the first time keeping fish by the book.

So my question is about Angel Fish.

My Hubby has become overly attached to a black Angel fish at the pet store. Body is about the size of the palm of my hand, fins extra. He/she had a mate, but we noticed tonight he/she is alone, the mate was floating at the top of the tank. My Hubby has been at the store the last 2 weeks, checking on 'his' Angel fish. He's named the fish a few times, swears he's male lol Anyways, he was heart broken tonight and it took quite some time to get him to leave without the fish.

Now what I want to know is, I may have to move my 29g crew (danios/tetras/swords/pleco) to my 45g long. I was planning on the 45g long being a angel/ram/rainbow fish tank down the road. But my Danios are being aggressive, and I feel everyone in that tank would benefit from a larger space.

Can I let my Hubby take this Angel home? Would he/she be ok in a 29g alone, with some bottom schooling fish? I really want Rams, would those be ok in there instead? I have a LF BNP on it's way here for the 29g, would that be ok in there too?

I am not really looking to have more angels than just this guy. If we were going to do the 45g with angels, then I would have been ok with a pair (buying 6 and selling off until I get a pair). But this Angel isn't in a good spot, and my Hubby has his heart set on THIS one.

Any help would be great!

:welcome: to AA!
IMO I would keep him alone in that tank with maybe a school of cories on the bottom. Rams can work as well. The BNP can stay in there too.

Back
Top Bottom