Peacock ID Opinions ..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought this guy as a yellow / sunshine peacock but never really knew if it was labeled right. The same place sold me my victoria nile as a flameback so you can see why I'm a little skeptical lol

Here's a few pics of the fish in question. Looked like a hap at first, but now it's getting an orangey-yellow color from the belly up. Maybe they were right?

Tell me what ya think!! Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-3376454019.jpg
    image-3376454019.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3087332789.jpg
    image-3087332789.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3261942632.jpg
    image-3261942632.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 84
I think hap would be right.Looks like an electric blue hap.White all the way along the dorsal fin and the anal fin is eventually orange.Here is a picture of mine.

image-1195138356.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks Garf-olomew LOL

I have to disagree though (at least with the picture you posted) .. I could VERY WELL be wrong, but if you look at my pics closely you can see orangey coloring in the shoulders & a faint yellow coloring on the belly. Do blue haps have that?

Also, the picture you showed me seems to have a little different shape to the body & face.

It seems to be coloring up more every day. I'm gonna try to get some better pictures for ya right now.

Thanks for the help homie!!!!!

Kinda looks like one of those Bi color 500's to me. Do you have a better picture of the fish from the side?

ronnieroach said:
Thanks Garf-olomew LOL

I have to disagree though (at least with the picture you posted) .. I could VERY WELL be wrong, but if you look at my pics closely you can see orangey coloring in the shoulders & a faint yellow coloring on the belly. Do blue haps have that?

Also, the picture you showed me seems to have a little different shape to the body & face.

It seems to be coloring up more every day. I'm gonna try to get some better pictures for ya right now.

Thanks for the help homie!!!!!

Yes I thought the yellow/orange was its juvie colours fading.Some better pics could help heaps.

I took a bunch of better shots but when I try to upload I get a message saying: "Exceeds your quota by 153kbs."

Does this mean I cannot post pics anymore? I always use my iphone pictures and they're never too big so I'm thinking size isn't the issue.

I HAVE MORE & BETTER PICS!! How can I show you guys?!?!?!

I don't think I've posted enough to run out of free uploads w/o donating, but then again, I do love me some AA lol

I'm gonna turn off my phone then do a master reboot. Hopefully I'll have the pics up within the next 20mins.

Stay tuned friends :)

Ok, something is definitely off. I tried to post a picture of my betta that I just posted a few days ago & it wouldn't work either.

I'm going to post in the help forums & try to get an answer. I have some good shots though so stay subscribed!! We're coming back to this!! haha

I'd recommend imgur.com. Free hosting, don't need to create an account to upload either. You can create an account if you want to save them into albums though. All you have to do is click the Insert Image icon and paste the link imgur spits out.

GOT THE PICS UP!!!

Here's the new shots. The dude hates turning sideways for me, unless he's under the lid where there's no light lol but I'm trying.

You can sorta see his coloring but the pictures don't do it justice. And like I said, the colors just started to appear over the past few weeks.

As I look at some of the pics, his shape does resemble Garfy's earlier pic a little, but then in others it doesn't.

Whatever he is, he's a nice lookin' fish. I'm really anxious to see the extent of his color change.

Anyway, hope the pics help :)

Attachments

• image-1424314032.jpg
    image-1424314032.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1637316427.jpg
    image-1637316427.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1082153560.jpg
    image-1082153560.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image-140475072.jpg
    image-140475072.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 62
(New pics in post above this one)

I almost think he's the same as another peacock I have, which worries me. Here's a pic of the one I'm talking about.

Tell me what ya think!!

THANKS GUYS!!

Attachments

• image-3047541899.jpg
    image-3047541899.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 65
garfy said:
I stand by my first choice.Electric blue hap.
But we will see ;)

Even though he went from having no orangey yellow coloring to having it after his growth spirt?

You're more knowledgable than me so I'd probably bet on your guess over mine anyway lol

And I must say, he's growing very fast (hap-like) so hopefully we'll know for sure soon :)

ronnieroach said:
Bought this guy as a yellow / sunshine peacock but never really knew if it was labeled right. The same place sold me my victoria nile as a flameback so you can see why I'm a little skeptical lol

Here's a few pics of the fish in question. Looked like a hap at first, but now it's getting an orangey-yellow color from the belly up. Maybe they were right?

Tell me what ya think!! Thanks!!

I have the same one it's a midnight peacock

Back
Top Bottom