picky eaters.. what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi all.. i normally feed my oscar Cichlid Delight frozen cubes, but since I cannot find them anywhere in CT i've been trying other frozens (plankton, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, freshwater frenzy, bloodworms & a few others).

my smaller fish seem to dig mostly anything but do pass on certain cubes. however, EVERYONE loves the Cichlid Delight.

i was going to try squid cubes but the package said for saltwater fish so i didnt.

anyone know of anything oscars & other cichlids (parrots, firemouths, kribensis) def love to eat?

all help is appreciated!

thanks!

I feed all my cichlids including my oscars New Life Spectrum. I would start them on a quality pellet for a staple with the occasional treat. I feed the oscars floating pellets since their too slow to grab sinking.

yeah my oscar doesnt dig the pellets anymore. he used to but has been on frozen for a while now & spits them back up whenever he does eat any.

should i just quit the frozen until he gets super hungry & caves for pellets??

I just got an Oscar the other day that had only ever been fed live feeder fish. I fed the tank nothing but pellets for 4 days (multiple times per day, vacuumed up the uneaten) and by day 4 (after starving himself by not eating) he tried one. Now he accepts everything I put in the tank.

It will take some time but he will come around like Tim said. The only difference is I would not feed him anything for a 4-5 days then start the pellets.

ronnieroach said:
hi all.. i normally feed my oscar Cichlid Delight frozen cubes, but since I cannot find them anywhere in CT i've been trying other frozens (plankton, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, freshwater frenzy, bloodworms & a few others).

my smaller fish seem to dig mostly anything but do pass on certain cubes. however, EVERYONE loves the Cichlid Delight.

i was going to try squid cubes but the package said for saltwater fish so i didnt.

anyone know of anything oscars & other cichlids (parrots, firemouths, kribensis) def love to eat?

all help is appreciated!

thanks!

Check out Seachem's Entice and soak per directions. Just like the name implies, it works really well :).

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom