Please help I may need to act now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there I got these fish yesterday and added them to my tank and they seem to be chasing each other around I was wondering if I can have some advise as the fish looks like it is in distress

No other fish is bothering him just these two

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423220648.876865.jpg

These two black-and-white ones just swim in a circle I'm not sure what this means and also these are the two that are chasing this other fish pictured below

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423220695.876193.jpg

Can anyone help as I can take out as soon as possible and move him

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You purchased two auratus which are very aggressive fish. I have one also, he's the king of my tank. It's not a good idea to keep both males in that tank. Also, you should get the one you keep a rock.

So which ones are the mail the two black ones or is it the one that sort of one colour for one day I'll Bulian and I don't quite understand the last bit sorry and what should I do x

The two male auratus are the new fish you just got. The black ones with the white stripes. They are both males. It's not a good idea to keep both together.

They're all males. return at least 2 of them

Ok amazing will do tks u so much so wot colour R the females

The 2 pics here R the original ones and got on fine

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423244773.777514.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423244801.792784.jpg

Than add the 2 new fish pic below so they r 2 male I am trying back to the shop

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423244933.937273.jpg

This is a Google image of a female auratus ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423263851.451071.jpg

Amazing tk u this one started this colour so is it still a female

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423264121.090589.jpg

The fish will start to gain it's color as it grows, and as it becomes comfortable in your tank. Was it sold to you as a female?

A good way to tell is to look for egg-spots on the anal fin. That is usually a good indication of a male if it is a mouthbrooder.

Another way to tell is by venting. Check on Google for more information on venting your fish.

So can u tell me wot sex the two I have now these 2 I have had for about 1 year after about 6 months they both stared to charge colour and they look like this so
Wot should I change the two black males for that I just got it would help me out if I no wot happened to the original to fish they started out yellow black and white tks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423264465.869609.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423265136.328233.jpg

This is a picture of my white zebra. See those dots on his anal fin? Those are called egg-spots. If your fish has those then it is a male. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423265650.940330.jpg

If you are looking to trade in your auratus try and get more fish that are the same species of the fish you already have.

Are ok thanks u so much for helping but do u no if the two that started out in the female colours have now gone to that colour have they now turned into male or are they just really comfortable in the tank and gone that colour but are still female I am taking the two males back today to the shop and I'm just going to pick to others but I don't know what sex to get xx

So these are girls as they don't have any of the dots on their tailfins

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423305315.670865.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423305368.938515.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423305353.487836.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423305353.487836.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 58
All auratus start out as that bright yellow female coloring. Only males turn black. You have all males. As I said earlier. Not one female.

So how do I get a female one and how many females would I need if I have two males in the tank xx

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Aquarium Advice

Females have the coloration posted earlier...as do all juveniles until the males start transitioning. A proper number of females for 2 male auratus would be 6-8

Ok amazing tks everyone x

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Aquarium Advice

my opinion, if your a beginner take back all the auratus and get less aggressive fish. The auratus are lil demons and will cause more problems then they are worth

Back
Top Bottom