Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadHoth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well hello all,
I have succesfully transfered my 55 gal inhabitants or should I say my wifes, :roll: to our new 100gal tank and all of them seem exceptionally happy :D .So now all of my little Barbs are in the 55,a mix of tigers green and albino.I was thinking of adding a couple of Bolivian Rams to this group and was wondering if the mix would be a good one.Currently there ar 12 barbs.The Barbs were our starters still have them all.

Rams would be a very iffy addition to a tank full of barbs. The tiger barbs are too aggressive and if you happen to get some rams with attitudes, you will just end up with an aquatic version of West Side Story.

Thanks for the reply,
Its funny Iwas always told about the agressiveness of the tigers.But I have had them in with Parrots,puffer,a small Bala and a eartheater and so far they all seemed to get along great.Im really looking for a somewhat larger fish to keep with them.As by themselves ,fun as they are,the tank is missing something.Iwas thinkin of going more agressive since the gangs so large but im just not sure which way to go.what do ya think of electric blues or some convicts...um wait no :? I would thin them out but hey they were the first and im a lil attached.Any other suggestions?

Some nice Gouramis? Beautiful colors and shapes to choose from, won't take crap off anything, but also, wont start any unless it is with each other.
They are also more of a top half of the tank fish, so it will get some use.

For the bottom, some nice clown loaches would be colorful.

Kribensis would also be a nice addition.

you know I always liked west side story 8) dont particulary care for the loaches.so does anyone know bout Lectric Blues?Im really lokkin to spice the tank up a little I know Africans prob wont do well but Iwould really like something different... 8O like the look of those Rams

I have a pair of bolivians in my 11 gallon. In there also are 3 kuhli loachs and a peppered cory.They all get on fine, since they all ignore one another. My rams seem really laid back and odnt even mind when i put my finger up against the glass. They have fairly large fins though, and i would expect your barbs to be enticed by them. How big are your barbs. I purchased my bovs about the size of 4 to 5 cms. If your barbs are around this size or larger then wouldn't they all gang up and beat the rams up? The fire mouth cichlid is an atrractive fish and grows larger than the rams. They are easy to keep and i'm sure they would stand up for themselves.
How about the keyhole cichlid. calm peaceful like the rams, but less colourful.
There are nice small tanganyika cichlids aswell, as long as your water is alkaline.
these include the
lyretail lamprologus
white-spotted cichlid
compressed cichlid(impressive)
I like the daemonsoni alot aswell
Well i cant think of more cichlids
justin

Why not go with angels they are in the Cichlid family.

we have electric Yellows (Labidochromis cacrulous) but we keep them in the Cichlid community and a holding fry tank, we don't have Tetras,
they are nice fish they can get aggressive our two main fish of the labs breed like rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom