Rams and Apistogramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been thinking about redoing my 90g. I have a pair of Apistogramma in a 20 long, along with a male BN pleco and a school of Glowlight tetras. If I planted a 90g well enough, would they get along with Golden Rams? Or would I be better off with Bolivian Rams?

I have a 60 with a blue ram (female, I think) pair of Bolivian rams, a trio of A. MacMasteri, and a male A. Agassizii. They are in with some angels, diamond tetras, black phantom tetras, Von Rio tetras, a snowball pleco, and a blue-eye lemon bristlenose pleco. The Agassizii is the most dominant now of the dwarf cichlids, but doesn’t really run any other fish. (I had a male blue ram who was the boss, but I think he jumped.). The angels and the dwarf cichlids ignore each other. The biggest issue I have is getting food past the tetras for the apistos- they never come to the top and the diamond tetras especially are pigs.

I've been thinking about redoing my 90g. I have a pair of Apistogramma in a 20 long, along with a male BN pleco and a school of Glowlight tetras. If I planted a 90g well enough, would they get along with Golden Rams? Or would I be better off with Bolivian Rams?

In a 90 they will get along. In larger tanks it isn't really an issue. They tend to only get aggressive with each other in smaller setups.

Back
Top Bottom