Red mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the L. trewavasae mpanga red get quite red as males and would be ok with mbuna.
very bright RZ females can look almost red
moliro red tropheus (if u can find them at a store) get a beautiful red, may or may not work with mbuna its luck n chance there.
some peacocks get an amazing red,

is this your next colour variation for the tank?x

Red Zebras are an orangish red ~ although they may no longer be known as Zebra's either.

Well I have 2 tropheus sp red but they are a very dark red and I might be getting rid of them as they are too aggressive.I had thought about strawberry peacocks but I think in the long run the mbuna would kill them.
Yes I'm looking for another colour variant .

i had a calico peaock in my tank for ages, no nips anything, i removed it because i hadnt liked it for weeks. i think peacock females are lovely (most times) while the males need a bit more concern but can be fine.
what about a jewel? not a mouthbrooder, but could go in with mbuna if there is the space.

Excellent :) I've just been looking at jewel cichlids and they are beautiful fish.It also says they are pretty tough so they would suit me just fine.I think I could squeeze 1 male and 3 females.Just need to locate some now.Thanks for that :D

np! i want one. i just have to set up a QT, cos my lfs is going downhill terribly.... i counted 16 diseased tanks, 13 of those were ich sprinkled. yaaay.

take great care of them, i feel so bad after each week noticing 1 by 1 they are so ill they have died at this lfs :'(

That`s really sad :( perhaps we should buy the lfs and make it a better place :)
I`ve been thinking that`s something i`d like to do for a while.
As for the jewels i`m finding myself more and more attracted to them so i`m going to try to find some for sale and when pay day comes wham it`s in the bag haha. :D

im already planning it ha! im gonna get a fish room like Mattrox and set up a breeding thing and start selling fish, cichlids primarily, and do things the RIGHT way. it will be my life :) and il hire you of course! lol

try getting the females first, so they can get a bit used to the tank before the male starts to boss them x

That`s a thought females first and there`s no danger of cross breeding as the`re not mouth brooders i would have thought.It`s just hard getting the right sex of fish that you require especially when they are juvies.

Found some from a fish breeder on ebay with good feedback.He guarantees breeding pairs so i am thinking about getting 2 breeding pairs.
"aquatic-madness" on ebay. He sells lots of fish.Check it out and let me know what you think. :)

I didn't know they were compatible. But for fish also check out aquabid they too always have different kinds :) ( and feedback)

Idk...on aquabid.com Ive seen some with the us and Canada symbol as well as a earth. I never really paid much attention when I ordered food etc bc it was in us.. Sry :-(

Back
Top Bottom