Redoing 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I'm not happy how my tank is setup fish and all the color is boring the substrate is old and I'm just not feeling it so in the tank I have - one peacock one hap and five mabuna and a Pleco minde the mabuna a are one red zebra two ice blue red tops a albino redtop and a female idk what lol I wanna keep the one ice blue and the Pleco so with that said what kinds of fish should I get and substrait minde I'm looking for a good colore mix thanks here's a pic of how it stands now boring I know lol

image-3243825110.jpg

image-2634149859.jpg

And the ice blue I wanna keep

So jw no one wants to help ill try tho is this ok to use for sand

image-4228372707.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's ok, hopefully you get more responses for verification. It must be rinsed well first

Quikrete brand in my experience is terrible, I use a different brand from Home Depot with a green label, something along the lines of Kolorscape or something like that

I herd play sand was pretty thin so it's harder to get clean what's the brand you referring too

I think it's Kolorscape. Home Depot sells two types: a white sand in a blue bag, and a play sand in a green bag. I use the green bag

Thanks ima stop there in the morning ill keep y'all posted on the transformation my tank is about to go thrue lol

Depending on what your going for you can get black diamond blasting sand .. its heavier and cheap and you can get it in black or white at most places like home depot ,tractor supply you know places like that.. its not hard to clean either mine was pretty clean i bought 4 bags of it to fill my tanks

Back
Top Bottom