Stock check!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i have a 75 gallon tank running a magnum 350 + an ehiem pro. 350 and a circ pump. Currently in the tank i have

5 giant danios
2 yellow labs
1 electric blue johanni
1 ruby green cichlid
1 rusty cichlid
2 orange zebra cichlids (i think)
1 Red jewel cichlid
1 crimson tide cichlid
1 auratus cichlid
1 demasoni cichlid
1 orange cichlid (unidentified came with the tank, mostly certain its a kenyi)
1 Ob fuelleborni cichlid
1 bristle nose plec
and 1 electric blue crayfish (also came with the tank, not really my cup of tea but hes kinda cool)

all the cichlids are female except for the johanni. is this register A-Ok in everybody's books? if not tell me what to fix and it shall be done!

:fish1: :thanks: :dance:

SirCastic said:
ok so i have a 75 gallon tank running a magnum 350 + an ehiem pro. 350 and a circ pump. Currently in the tank i have

5 giant danios
2 yellow labs
1 electric blue johanni
1 ruby green cichlid
1 rusty cichlid
2 orange zebra cichlids (i think)
1 Red jewel cichlid
1 crimson tide cichlid
1 auratus cichlid
1 demasoni cichlid
1 orange cichlid (unidentified came with the tank, mostly certain its a kenyi)
1 Ob fuelleborni cichlid
1 bristle nose plec
and 1 electric blue crayfish (also came with the tank, not really my cup of tea but hes kinda cool)

all the cichlids are female except for the johanni. is this register A-Ok in everybody's books? if not tell me what to fix and it shall be done!

:fish1: :thanks: :dance:

Well in my book I can see there are to many different levels of aggression. It's best to stick with only one type imo. With the more aggressive species I'm not to sure the danios will stand a chance with them if they try to fin nip a cichlid. The crayfish could pick off a fish or two but normally from what I've learned with african Cichlids it only takes a certain amount of time before they kill and eat it.

Well in my book I can see there are to many different levels of aggression. It's best to stick with only one type imo. With the more aggressive species I'm not to sure the danios will stand a chance with them if they try to fin nip a cichlid. The crayfish could pick off a fish or two but normally from what I've learned with african Cichlids it only takes a certain amount of time before they kill and eat it.

Well the danios are only in there until i have time to catch them, nobody has bothered them yet, but i wil get to it ASAP
And for the crayfish.... well if i put him in my tropical he'll kill alot more then he will in the 75 so i think he'll stay. But just the africans alone how does it look?

SirCastic said:
Well the danios are only in there until i have time to catch them, nobody has bothered them yet, but i wil get to it ASAP
And for the crayfish.... well if i put him in my tropical he'll kill alot more then he will in the 75 so i think he'll stay. But just the africans alone how does it look?

I see your point he may not get to the Cichlids and they may allow him to be in there for some time, till he molts.

This part that I wrote above was for the Cichlids alone. I copy and pasted let me know if you need more help. But Google will be your friend on trying to figure out what aggression category they fall in. When searching put the fishes name then cichlid profile and you should have some good info.

Well in my book I can see there are to many different levels of aggression. It's best to stick with only one type imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom