Stocking advice for nube.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chazeman2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys and gals i'm looking for some stocking suggestions for my 36 gal. I'm looking to have it be a mbuna tank. I know it's small, but if you have some realistic stocking suggestions as in numbers and species it would be much appreciated. I understand if you don't think i should be keeping cichlids in a 36 gallon, but I am so legit stocking advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Chase

If you went with a species only tank of the smallest fish like around 4" or under you could probably do 5-10 of them imo. You maybe able to get away with two different species and do 4 a piece but again you need to stay at or under 4 inchs and you'll probably be ok.

I'd look into some of the Cynotilapia afra. Like this guy that is from WWW.livefishdirect.com common name afra cobue Orange back
52693-albums2955-picture38437.jpg

And/or Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba" I also got him from the same place as well. Yellow fin mbamba is the common name.
52693-albums2955-picture41390.jpg

Last edited:
If you went with a species only tank of the smallest fish like around 4" or under you could probably do 5-10 of them imo. You maybe able to get away with two different species and do 4 a piece but again you need to stay at or under 4 inchs and you'll probably be ok.

I'd look into some of the Cynotilapia afra. Like this guy that is from Buy Freshwater African Cichlids at Live Fish Direct: Freshwater Aquarium Fish Breeder common name afra cobue Orange back
52693-albums2955-picture38437.jpg

And/or Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba" I also got him from the same place as well. Yellow fin mbamba is the common name.
52693-albums2955-picture41390.jpg

Cool thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom