time to switch..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok ive been keeping community tanks for about 2 years now, after breeding basically all the COMMON livebearers ie guppies,platties,swordtails,mollies,redtail goodieds, i think im going to focus on breeding cichlids, more for fun but im definaletly going to be getting into some of the rarer cichlids that might yield some benifit to me, what do these sound like to you, im going to be getting

Amphilophus lyonsi at least 6 to increase odds of a pair
Thorichthys ellioti 2 pair
acara amazonians 1 PAIR
ports 5

these should be 2"-4" i will be keeping them in a 125 gal show tank for now untill i start getting pairs or need to reduce aggression in the tank,,, any ideas or experiances? i know the folks that read profiles might have some concerns but im looking for actual experiances from anybody thanks.. :uzi:

anybody keep any of these guys? any idea on what im in for?

Might want to post at cichlidforums.com and cichlid-forum.com, you can do a yahoo/google search and get the actual links. You might be able to find people with experience with the specific fish you have listed.

ya thanks a lot im actually aware of those forums im not gonna need any info on those guys as I ended up getting some vieja fenestratas

Idealconcepts don't point someone into another forum

ben you could of not posted and been with everyone else that viewed the post but had no info to contribute. sorry to interrupt your attempts of boosting your posts which is the only reason I can think of as to why you posted. idealconcepts gets a good shot for POINTING me in the right direction. I could of been a newbie and of been making a big mistake in getting those guys. I ended up getting some vieja fenestrata "blue" instead they are a pair. I hope to get these guys breeding soon.

Back
Top Bottom