Two new wild caught female festae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone!! I just picked up two wild caught female festae! The one is pretty beat up because of a blood parrot the guy had with them. But the other one is pretty awesome.

img_2723899_0_2a6245f8d4dbf4babafe3f3514644dd4.jpg

img_2723899_1_f0d4a4030a16e45e7e587b2269f36e7a.jpg

img_2723899_2_826fbfc28b45fe9f64e5a3d2cfd19bf1.jpg

img_2723899_3_1ca9ed3dd317398dca18ca589eeb8f7a.jpg

img_2723899_4_2629ff9e8ff9a1cd25684583c7f65f1a.jpg

Theres the nicer one. They are both about 7"

img_2723899_5_c1ee86c728bb82617bafcab679ed259b.jpg

Heres the beat up one.

How do you know they're wild caught? I don't buy any fish without proof of collection and importing documents, it's far to easy for anyone to say sure they're wild caught! Without proof I'm going they're not.

How do you know they're wild caught? I don't buy any fish without proof of collection and importing documents, it's far to easy for anyone to say sure they're wild caught! Without proof I'm going they're not.

Im contacting the original owner now to ask.

Nice looking fish. I'm always one to prefer captive bred, but it depends on the conservation status too.

It was an aggressive blood parrot lol. It was a glass banger too. Stupid hybrids. He said the only reason it was in there was cuz his wife wanted it in there.

Im contacting the original owner now to ask.

I'm certainly not trying to bring you down as I know you were excited but I've seen thousands of cichlids sold as WC that are captive bred simply to raise the cost. I'm just saying be skeptical and without proof I'd be very wary of telling people their future fry are F1's.

I'm certainly not trying to bring you down as I know you were excited but I've seen thousands of cichlids sold as WC that are captive bred simply to raise the cost. I'm just saying be skeptical and without proof I'd be very wary of telling people their future fry are F1's.

Well considering they were not expensive cuz he needed to get rid of them for some trimac. But i could care less if there wc haha. There pretty cool.

Well considering they were not expensive cuz he needed to get rid of them for some trimac. But i could care less if there wc haha. There pretty cool.

That's my point, enjoy them for what they are. Some of my favorite cichlids over the years have been captive bred. I seek out WC fish specifically for breeding purposes.

That's my point, enjoy them for what they are. Some of my favorite cichlids over the years have been captive bred. I seek out WC fish specifically for breeding purposes.

They make my male look like a dwarf lol. There colors are really nice now. The one that is more beat up has the teal/green/blue bars and in the face and dorsal fin

Wow they are beautiful, I love festae more every time i see another picture. How big are they and what tank do you have them in?

I have two females and a male in my 150g tank with nothing else. The females are 7-8" and the male is 5.5". The females are much much taller and thicker than my male. The females are about 4" tall

Back
Top Bottom